Click here to edit Spacer module.
Proactive Medical Care
Click here to edit Spacer module.
When it comes to your health, you deserve the best!
Maximum Wellness and Preventative Care
For Dr. Childs, this means proactive care to help keep you healthy and prevent disease. We provide you, our patient, with:
- Comprehensive, thorough annual medical examinations to fully assess, to protect, and to maximize your health status.
- A strong focus on preventative medicine, with attention toward long term health and wellness.
- Ongoing education and information about general health and topics specific to your individual health.
Access to Your Physician
As a member of Dr. Childs’ concierge Medical Home, you’ll have:
- Same day or next day appointments.
- Little to no office waiting.
- Direct phone access to Dr. Childs and his staff.
- Dr. Childs’ cell phone number.
- Access to your own medical records and information.
No Time Constraints
By limiting the number of patients in his practice, Dr. Childs has more time to devote to you, including:
- Longer appointments for complete communication and the most effective care.
- More time for education and for helping you wade through the overabundance of misinformation.
- More time to dedicate to research topics related to your individual health, even when you’re not here.
Peace of Mind
Even with the most dedicated medical care, illness, and injury inevitably occur. When they do, as a member of Dr. Childs’ Medical Home, you’ll receive:
- Attentive, integrated care in which Dr. Childs will serve as the advocate, partner, and the vanguard of your health.
- Dr. Childs will work directly with all your other doctors and specialists.
- Long-term disease management.
- Counseling about issues related to serious disease and end-of-life issues involving your family.
DO, FACOI Dr. Childs was born and raised in Northern New Jersey. He migrated south, receiving a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology and Psychology from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at UMDNJ and completed a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at Kennedy Memorial Hospitals, UMDNJ. During his training, Dr. Childs served as Chief Medical Resident and earned recognition as Intern of the Year, Medical Resident of the Year, and Chief Fellow. He practiced Emergency Medicine for five years before moving to the shore, where he has been in private practice in Cape May Court House since 1992.
Caring & Dedicated Physician
Dr. Childs is a caring and dedicated physician. He has devoted his career to comprehensive medical care for his patients, being a staunch advocate and director of all aspects of care involved, including office, hospital, intensive, and rehabilitative care. He has also directed nursing home and palliative care for many of his patients and family members in the waning days of life.
His Current Designations
Dr. Childs has served as Chair of the Critical Care Committee at Cape Regional Medical Center, President of the Medical Staff and Medical Director of the Diabetic Care Team at Cape Regional Medical Center. He has a Masters degree from Jefferson University School of Population Health in Healthcare Quality and Safety and presently is a Clinical Professor at ROWAN University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
Office Manager Aimee graduated with a Psychology Degree from the University of Central Florida. She has worked and trained at the University Medical Center of Princeton in the Behavioral Health Department as well as locally at Cape Counseling.
Certified Physician Practice Manager
She is the first person our patients greet with her ever-present smile and is the go-to person for scheduling appointments and coordinating testing and procedures for all our patients. She has her State Billing and Coding Certification and is presently in the process of obtaining her Certified Physician Practice Manager certification.